Monday, October 14, 2013

What the Teacher Wore {{Week 8}}



If there ever was a time that I doubted that the technology gods existed to stress people out, last week made me a believer. Monday morning and no working computer...Thursday morning and no phone alarm going off...traffic lights all turning red and making me late to work. Ok, ok, ok the last one isn't entirely true. There were red lights, but I was late to work (or cutting it really close) because I can't ever leave my house on time. Seriously my mornings go like this: I'm dressed, teeth are brushed, coffee is made...then I find something to distract me and BAM I'm late...again. No surprise that my plan to blog about outfits on Saturday didn't happen on time (me being late is a problem...I'm working on it) so before I get distracted again, here's Week 8: Week of the Jean Jacket.
Chambray and colored skinny pins are as common as missing glue sticks in my classroom...not a surprise that I have atleast one pinned/liked in my pinterest land. Only difference...I'm not big on high heels...especially not at work. They're really cute, but I'm about as graceful as a deer on ice these days so for my protection (and the protection of little fingers and hands lurking in all directions) I threw on a pair of flats...cheetah print flats.
Shirt: Belk
Pants: GAP
Shoes: Target




The black/denim/grey (grey/gray...no clue which one at this hour) combo is fresh and clean. Completely simple, but that's the way I've been rollin' lately.
Jacket: GAP
Shirt: Express
Jeans: The Limited
Shoes: Jessica Simpson




If you take a look in our guest bedroom you'll find my scarf collection obsession. No worries, they're not on display...they're all neatly crammed into a nightstand with 2 drawers. It only takes a slight drop in temps for me to jump at the chance to bust out a scarf. Aztec prints have been popping up everywhere lately and with this neck candy already part of my wardrobe it was a no brainer. My shoes didn't fit in the picture, but think frilly/girly moccassins. Love them!
Jacket: GAP
Shirt: Wet Seal
Scarf: Steve Madden
Pants: The Limited



 Thursday was the day of no alarm clock sounding at 5:30. I woke up at 6:10 (I have to leave the house by 6:20 to make it on time and avoid traffic). I got ready in 10 minutes...somebody should really call the record book for that performance. Honestly, I'm lucky that what I threw on matched even slightly much less compared to a color scheme that I pinned the night before. It's not exact, but the neutral from the khaki mimics that of the white (just flip flopped from top to bottom).
Jacket: GAP (can you tell I love this jacket?)
Shirt: American Eagle
Pants: The Limited



By Friday it was time for the Tired Teacher T-Shirt, jeans and my not so comfortable Converse. How are tennis shoes more painful than heels?? I've had them for over a year and have yet to break them in to where they don't rub my heels into a terrible mess by the end of the day. Also baffling, how in the world this look was cute enough to get shout outs from the car rider line. Clearly we need more tired teacher t-shirt and jeans days at our school because not all jeans/t-shirt combos are shameful.



What is shameful is the fact that I've worked on school related stuff since I walked in the door at 5:30. Thankfully Monday Night Football is on to keep the husband entertained/occupied/oblivious to the fact that I am such a work obsessed freak tonight. Sadly, this is what happens when you do absolutely ZERO work related activities over the weekend and act like you're a 22 year old fresh out of college kid at your friend's wedding. If only I could rebound like I used to...feeling like you're 22 and actually being 22 are completey different things. Until next time, live, love && keep your inner 22 year old on a short leash. {{See below if you need a good reason to leash it up...the viking hat was not a good look for me}}


No comments:

Post a Comment