Thursday, December 26, 2013

What the Teacher Wore: Week 18

Oh sweet baby Jesus laying in a manger I made it to Christmas break. It wasn't easy, but I made it without pulling out my hair or making it on the news in a less than favorable feature story. I still can't wrap my brain around everything that had to happen last week  or the fact that it's already Thursday, Christmas has come and gone, && the New Year is lurking right around the corner. While it's true that this blog post is a little tardy, who can blame me? What scatter brain could even begin to think about blogging when there are presents to be purchased/wrapped, cookies to be baked, Christmas movies to watch and relaxing in yoga pants to be done??? I mean priorities people. Plus, I turned into a snot factory the day Christmas break started and have been busy demolishing rolls of toilet paper and boxes of tissues ever since. When your brain is occupied with thoughts of blowing your nose, sleeping & when the next dose of cough syrup is due very little brain power can be extended to blogging about anything...at all...seriously...I had nothing. && now I'm behind on everything I had planned so here we go with blog post #1: What the Teacher Wore: Week 18. P.S. I'm pretty sure my days in school count is off by 2 days && I have no clue how/why it happened. Errmerrgerrrrrddd!


 Being that it's December (and it actually felt like winter for once) no sleeves wasn't an option. I took the simple grey and white combo and made it winter friendly. Although my scarf isn't identical it does still hang in the patterned scarf realm that the pin-spiration version incorporated.
Shirt: Target
Skinnies: GAP
Boots: Rampage
Scarf: Boutique in Asheville

 If it's pink, chances are I love it. Orange on the other hand...that's a color that is pretty scarce in my wardrobe...what kind of Gamecock fan would I be with that hanging around?? Orange intertwined with pink is about as far as it goes in this teacher's closet. With the days ticking down to vacation I was in the market for something simple, cozy and warm. Enter big cozy scarf and UGGs boots. Checkmate!
Sweater: Express
Scarf: Steve Madden
Skinnies: The LOFT
Boots: UGGs
 Emerald green is a color that I wish I had more of in my closet. It's a gorgeous color that packs a lot of warmth for the wintery weather Charleston has been seeing on and off. I loved the emerald and grey combo paired with skinnies. My emerald top was a sweater and pairing it with a cardigan would add a little too much thickness in the mix. My solution: a scarf. I have at least 50 of them (my obsession is getting a little out of control) so I put them to use when I need a pop of color, added texture, or a little pattern to spice things up.
Sweater: Express
Scarf: TJMaxx
Skinnies: GAP
Boots: Rampage
 When I woke up on Thursday I knew that it was going to be a long day, I was going to be running a lot of errands after work, and we had our annual Christmas performance that night. I needed something Christmasy, but something more practical than a dress and heels. I looked through my Pinterest pins & likes and after a little searching I decided on the red cardigan and dark washed jeans paired with a patterned scarf. I wanted a little more fa la la la la la oomph than the grey scarf from the pin-spiration version provided so I went with red polka dots. I got my holiday sparkle on by layering up with a thin sparkly sweater (you can't really see the sparkle from the picture).
Cardigan: Target
Scarf: Target
Sweater: Express
Skinnies: GAP
Boots: Rampage (can you tell I love these suckers yet?)
Now one would think that if you got to wear pajamas to school it would be super simple to get ready in the morning and the perpetually last minute arriving teacher would maybe get to work early for a change. Right??? Well, that person would be w-r-o-n-g because finding a pajama combination that looks put together enough to be seen in public proved to be just as difficult as a normal outfit day. If I had more time I probably would have changed at least 3 more times. Seriously, I took so long that my snuggly photo bomber came in to see what in the world I was doing. In my defense, new pajamas should come with a warning that they probably will make your butt look like you're wearing a saggy diaper. Thankfully after the 20 minute drive to work and a gazillion squats the butt fabric finally decided to lay flat and my ridiculous insecurities were laid to rest...for the day.

In all seriousness, thank the lord for a pajama day because our last day was full up on crazy. Gingerbread house making party, finishing up the Polar Express, Christmas Around the World Travel Day (I got to experience the energy of all 130ish of the first graders in one morning)....ermergerd I'm surprised I didn't face plant in the hallway at 2:00 for dismissal and become trampled by the stampede of little feet anxious to get their party started. I did go to bed before 8:00 that night...I'm such a party animal I know. And just like that, Week 18 was over. The next What the Teacher Wore blog post won't make its appearance until the week of January 6th. Christmas Break is a glorious thing and yoga pants with hoodies are a-mazing. Until next time, live, love && rock out with your Christmas jammies on!

No comments:

Post a Comment