Monday, May 30, 2011

Homophone Hares

We have all found ourselves tricked by homophones at one time or another. We all know how confusing they can be and if they're confusing for adults, imagine how scary they are for kids. One of our spelling units involved homophone pairs. I've seen the homophone "pears" activity, but I wanted to do something different. It was a few weeks before spring break could arrive and my kids definitely had spring fever. After talking about homophones and playing homophone matching games, I decided to have my kids create "homophone hares." They turned out absoutely adorable and the kids had a blast making them.



My kids had so much fun making their homophone hares that I decided to make a few center activities that they could use during the small group portion of our day.
Ms. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment