Monday, December 12, 2011

Frosty's Fact Families

I think everybody knows how this feels...you make all of these fabulous plans full of fun and BAM!! You get sick! Before my ear infection took me down, I got in one last cutesy activity with my kids. We were learning about fact families and my lovelies just weren't getting the whole concept. Soooooo craft to the rescue! (I bet you didn't see that one coming)! Seriously y'all the only people who love crafts more than me are my kids....and they always seem to "get it" when their little hands are busy creating something connected to what they're learning about. For this lesson we read Frosty the Snowman. Then each of my kids got to make their very own Frosty! I have to tell y'all they were a little upset that they wouldn't be making a top hat, but who would have known that ear muffs are the coolest thing next to Justin Bieber! Seriously...there was a lot of cheering...a lot! They each got to pick their own design of Christmas scrap book paper and a colored pipe cleaner to make their ear muffs. They were so excited and so cute making their paper choices...it was a very serious decision for some of them to make! A million teeny tiny paper scraps later (seriously how do they get paper that small???) the Frosty clan was complete and it was time for the math portion of the activity. Each of my lovelies picked a dominoe that they used to find their fact family's 3 numbers. They used these numbers to write their facts on their special writing paper. Everyone had so much fun that they didn't even know they were working so hard and what can be better than that?



No comments:

Post a Comment