Sunday, October 14, 2012

Where the Wild Things Are

If you've ever wondered where the wild things actually were I can assure you they're in my classroom. The full moon's effects are apparently long lasting because the noise level is still cranked up to the max in my classroom. Even though my little monsters are 50 shades of wild (and counting), report cards, lesson plans and administrator observations don't stop for anyone.

With all the craziness swirling around in the air (and the end of the nine weeks rapidly approaching) I had to think of something to grab their attention. . .and I needed to do it quick. A monster theme seemed like the perfect solution. . .and holy gamecocks it was! On the agenda for our review week: telling time, measuring with non-standard units, graphing, and solving word problems. With a little help from monster themed read alouds and some spooky Halloween music, Monster Mash was a monsterously good time for all of us. My kids ate up every second of our math lessons this week (review week and all).

You can grab a copy of the unit by clicking on the picture below. Happy Monster Mashing!

No comments:

Post a Comment