Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Back That Thing Up!

Thankfully I have the day off today because yesterday was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. . .for serious! No, it had nothing to do with angry parents, misbehaving children, or an observation gone terribly wrong. It's even worse than that. . .my memory stick died (for no apparent reason) and took with it ALL of my files. Yes, you read it right, ALL of my files. Luckily I was able to recover most of them thanks to one of my fabulous friends who just experienced a similar crisis with her memory stick. Seriously, what is up with these memory sticks??

I would like to give a shout out to the makers of the Recover My Files software that saved my life. Without them I would be curled up in a ball, pulling my hair out, and crying my eyes out. It was the best $30 I've ever spent. It was also the happiest I've ever been to spend money. .  .well almost. Sadly that was the only Cyber Monday purchase I made. . . I stayed up until midnight recovering and resaving files onto my external hard drive that is going to become my bestie. My dad is the best dad in the world for getting this for me a few Christmases ago and  I will never. ever. ever let it collect dust ever again! I'm still trying to figure out what I need to continue searching for and why none of my December creations have yet to be found using the program, but it's a start && a beautiful one at that!

Besides the death of my memory stick (R.I.P. green Lexar), yesterday wasn't all that bad. The Elf on the Shelf made her appearance into my classroom yesterday and the kids were all kinds of excited to see her. After much deliberation (and a little swaying) my wild ones decided on naming her Violet. Other possibilities were Princess, Sparkle, DJ & Matt (clearly we weren't listening about the elf being a girl), Ginger, Ruby, Lateefa (it's only right if you have Princess as a contender right?), Taylor, and Lilly. One of my precious girls has one at her house too so she knew all about it and I have no doubt that she'll keep any curious hands away from Violet. My lovelies were constantly reminding their table friends that she was going to report to Santa when they weren't on their best behavior and it was hands down one of the cutest things that I've ever seen or heard. They're taking this really seriously. . .for now. . .and I hope that she continues to work her magic. Today she's sitting behind my desk watching them from the comfy plant.


Once I get my December files back (cross your fingers and toes please), I'll be posting more holly jolly packets. I have packets on word problems and fact families that are out in the unknown so be on the lookout for them.

If you take one thing away from this post, and only one, let it be to always, always, always, back. your. junk. up. . . and back it up good! && of course, have a little fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment