Saturday, October 19, 2013

What the Teacher Wore {{Week 9}}

Week 9 was the week of the full moon...need I say more? I can remember in the "Before Teaching" days when I was able to appreciate the beauty of a full moon without bracing for its impact. Now when I see one I say a prayer to please help me have the strength, wisdom and patience to make it through its effects alive. A full moon can turn even the quietest child into a monster noise making earth quake alarm noise making pro. That's right, monster noises have been replaced by the earth quake alarm noise, because it's far more interesting of a sound than a fire alarm or a monster. Not everyone believes in all the full moon hoopla (including my husband) and for that I have one solution...locking you in my classroom with my kids who have eaten cupcakes piled high with icing...on a full moon Friday.  You're welcome! :) Kids aren't the only ones affected by the full moon...adults aren't exactly immune to its crazy power. I for one couldn't get my thoughts straight this week...it was a jumbled up hot mess inside this teacher brain. I don't think there was a single day that I wasn't frazzled. Getting dressed was a 3 ring circus in itself...some days you just can't decide. &&& despite my best efforts to caffeinate myself, the energy of my kids rubbed off on me and further increased my inability to focus..on anything... for longer than 5 minutes...no joke.

Somehow I managed to get clothes on my body and pull into the parking lot on time (except for one day which totally wasn't my fault...thank you Mr. Bojangles for interrupting my dog's poopin' party with a sniff everything you got party). This is what I pulled together for Week 9.

Recovering from the night of the viking hat took much longer than I expected. Not because I was a lush (I managed to hold that part together...somewhat), but the loss of sleep on Saturday did me in. There's a reason weddings don't occur every weekend...28 year olds can't act like 22 year olds on back to back weekends and bounce back like we used to. As tired as I was I dug through my closet and pulled out my version of my pin-spiration. My pants weren't skinnies and I didn't rock sandals, but the color scheme was nailed and for being able to pull that off I'm thankful.
Cardigan: The LOFT
Shirt: The LOFT
Pants: The Limited
Shoes: Steve Madden


Pin-spiration can come in all forms. I loved the look of black and hot pink together from my outfit pin (anything with pink has my vote) so I  pulled all of the pieces out of my closet to make my version (hot pink skinnies are something that I lack currently). &&& then I found this nail pin. First and foremost, I'm not sipping on denial juice so I'm fully aware that my nail painting skills are lacking. Seriously y'all, I'm lucky if I can get my left hand painted with a smidge of precise-ness and my right hand is completely out of the question..hot mess.Secondly, although the nail art is ridiculously cute, it's a little bold for me && lord knows 6/7 year olds are distracted by shiny objects (sometimes I catch them petting my french manicured toes during story time). In honor of the nail art, I threw in a pop of mint/turquoise in the form of some fabulous earrings that I scored at Rich Girl Rags.
Cardigan: GAP
Shirt: Target
Pants: The Limited
Earrings: Rich Girl Rags

I'm positive that I've mentioned my love for the color mint on previous blog entries, but just in case my memory is playing tricks on me...Hi, my name is Amy and I love mint green. I'm also positive that my love for GAP is pretty apparent by now and if it's not after the outfit break down it will be. I have yet to add a mint green cardigan to my closet (a shopping trip may be necessary) so I had to switch things up a bit for my closet's version of this pin-spiration. I had cheetah shoes on, but they didn't make the picture and thanks to Mr. Bojangles there was no time for a re-take.
Jacket: GAP
Scarf: GAP
Shirt: Old Navy
Pants: GAP


Plum and navy blue together don't get nearly as much pinterest exposure as they should get. The original outfit plan included a plaid shirt like the one pictured in the pin-spiration version buuuuuut I couldn't find it that morning in the pile of fall/winter clothes still stored under my bed. So I went to Plan B, which is different, but still honors the color scheme.
Jacket: GAP
Scarf: Fossil
Shirt: Wet Seal
Pants: Jessica Simpson (Belk)
Shoes: Toms 

 
Friday was our school wide "Pink Day" in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. My littles were so adorable in their pink. Despite most of my boys being anti pink, the girls (and the handful of brave boys) did it right && I think we would have been in the running for the most pinked out class if such a competition existed. I had big plans to have a pink tutu, but I failed to remember there would be zero time for that Thursday night with a 6:30 mandatory PTO meeting to attend. (Insert sad face here). Next year I will be better prepared. I switched the white top to a black top because my white shirts were still dirty, but other than that pretty true to the pin-spiration.  
Cardigan: GAP
Shirt: Target
Pants: GAP
Shoes: Jessica Simpson (Belk)
 
Now that I'm caffeinated, my blog is updated, and reality has hit that I have a gazillion plus one things to do today I think it's time to make like a banana and split. Until next time, live, love and think pink!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment