Sunday, October 27, 2013

What the Teacher Wore: Week 10

Pumpkins, goats, and porter potties...this was a page out of Week 10 in my world. The weeks leading up to Halloween are crazy town...throw in a field trip to a Corn Maze/Farm/Pumpkin Patch and you'll need a medium (I controlled myself) iced pumpkin coffee and some munchkins (I didn't control myself) just to make it through your weekly lesson planning session. The kids had a blast, nobody lost a finger to the hungry, hungry goats and nobody fell in to the super gross (but oh so necessary) porter potties. That's a field trip success story in  my book. Despite field trips sucking every ounce of sanity/patience/energy out of my body, they do have their perks...free jeans day anyone? I love me some jeans. With that being said, my line up for What the Teacher Wore (Week 10) will be one slot short this week (ain't nothin' fashionable about jeans, sneakers, and a school t-shirt...cute, yes...fashionable...not exactly).


Green and navy stripes is a fresh combination running rampid on Pinterest. It didn't take much to pull the general idea together. True I'm not wearing a dress (my legs haven't seen the sun in a very long time) so this isn't an outfit replica...simply inspiration for a color scheme. Remember, inspiration comes in all forms.
Jacket: GAP
Sweater: GAP
Skinnies: Ralph Lauren (Belk)
Shoes: Toms Ballet Flats
 


 
Day 46 is the day of 2 pin-spirations=1 outfit...sometimes it takes 2 to make a thing go right peeps. Totally didn't realize I was doing the whole green & stripes vibe thing for a second day in a row until I got to work, but hey...worse things have happened in the world...like broken crayons {{insert hysterical crying here}}.
Cardigan: Express
Shirt: American Eagle
Skinnies: GAP
 

Red and cheetah...cheetah and red...whichever way you slice it, it's another hot Pinterest combination that's popping up everywhere. Have I mentioned how stoked I am that I took a chance in the kid's section at Target for this cardigan?? Perfect cropped length for my short self.
Cardigan: Target
Tank: Old Navy
Pants: The Limited
Shoes: Jessica Simpson (Belk)





The last Friday of the month is always a free jeans day. 2 in one week?? Is this reality?? Yep! I know I've said it before, but I really don't understand why jeans are considered to be unprofessional! I mean, what the what?!?!?
Cardigan: Old Navy
Scarf: Steve Madden
Shirt: Wet Seal
Jeans: GAP (they're stirrup pants...no bunching allowed)
 
 
Mother Nature must have sensed my hatred for the majority of my existing winter wardrobe because the temps are in the high 70's for this week (no boots and scarves necessary). My bank account is thankful...I'm a little disappointed to not have an excuse to get new pretties, but I will survive...I.will.survive.
 
Until next time...live, love && find time to appreciate the "pretties" already in your life....like this absolutely a-m-a-z-i-n-g sunset. There's no place like home!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment