Saturday, January 25, 2014

What the Teacher Wore {{Week 21}}

Alright y'all, here's the deal, it's freezing outside and I've lost all desire to get anything on my mile long to do list done that requires leaving the house. Even if I wanted to leave, I couldn't...I'm being held captive on the couch by one of my mutt babies. I've been debating brewing my second cup of coffee of the day, but my velcro dog is strongly in opposition of me getting off the couch && I'm pretty sure it would send me into caffeine addict territory...so here I sit piecing together the fabulosity of Week 21's edition of What the Teacher Wore.

Someone in charge forgot to turn the South's heater on this week && that made for 4 not so awesome wake up calls. Not that waking up at 5:30 has ever been an easy task for me, but the cold mornings kill my motivation. Cold weather has the ability to zap the stylish fashionista out of you and replace her with a sweat pant loving couch potato faster than you can pop a K-Cup into your Keurig. I'm pushing for perfect attendance for the entire year (unrealistic... I realize this) so I had to pump the brakes on the sweat pant party and put my big girl clothes on.


 Tuesday was the closest to typical Charleston temperature we had all week which explains the presence of flats (and absence of boots). It had been a while since I last let the animal print out of the closet so for day 96 the wild rumpus began.
Cardigan: Target
Scarf: Express
Shirt: Wet Seal
Skinnies: GAP
Flats: TOMS Ballet Flats

The cold weather rolled in on Wednesday && out came the scarves and boots...the only 2 things I enjoy about cold weather. The chambray and black combo spoke to me when I came across the Pin-spiration version. I added the boots and the scarf for warmth and a pop of color.
Cardigan: Target
Shirt: Belk
Skinnies: Jessica Simpson (Belk)
Boots: Rampage
Scarf: Knitted by my Granny
 While I was digging through my closet on Wednesday night I found another shirt that hadn't ventured off the hanger in a really long time (I'm talking a year or longer). Technically it's a tunic so it's a tricky thing to wear with regular pants. I had an idea of what I wanted to pair it with, but I decided to sleep on it. Before I went to bed I hit up Pinterest, found a pin that validated the fashion duo I thought of earlier, and made a mental note to make it happen in the morning. Cut to Thursday morning and hello leggings. Before I go any further I need to add a disclaimer: leggings ARE NOT pants and shouldn't be worn as such. Your crotch should always, always be covered and in my world my butt will be covered too (definitely at work). This is why I wore my leggings with a tunic style oxford shirt and not just a normal length oxford shirt like the one shown in my Pin-spiration version. Cover up the personal areas ladies.
Shirt: H&M
Cardigan: GAP
Leggings: Express
Boots: Belk (Designer???)
 By Friday I was running on energy fumes that only a huge cup of coffee could conjure up && it was absolutely freezing outside. Freezing & tired is not a good look. BUT a vest, flannel and boots...now THAT is a look to write home about. Before I list the specifics of the outfit && get eye rolling over the vest let me just say a few things...1. I believe in splurging on certain items. 2. I believe that quality sometimes costs more, but lasts longer. 3. I'm not a label snob, but when you run across something of good quality sometimes you get it despite the price tag attached to it. 4.  A teacher budget doesn't allow for constant splurges so save them up for when it counts.
Shirt: American Eagle
Vest: Ralph Lauren (Belk)
Layering T: Wet Seal
Skinnies: GAP
Boots: Rampage
Scarf: Knitted by my Granny


Week 22 is going to be a whirlwind of cold wind, possible snow (!?!?!), and the 100th day. I have tons, tons, TONS of baking, printing, and planning to do to make it all happen. So for now I'm getting off the couch, fueling my caffeine addiction (people are addicted to way worse), and checking some things off my list that don't require leaving the house. Until next time, live, love and stay warm and cozy...like this little guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment