Sunday, February 2, 2014

Currently {{February}}




Helloooooo February! As I sit here this morning with my first cup of coffee since Thursday {{blasted stomach bug...no bueno}} I'm stoked about the start of a new month. We're officially counting down until the end of the year and while it terrifies me that I'm going to have to trade in my sweat pants for bikinis pretty soon, I'm excited for all that is to come in the upcoming month/months. I could be alone in this, but I'm pretty sure that teachers have special DNA that turns them into holiday loving maniacs...at least I have that sparkle of DNA flowing through my veins! Any excuse to throw more pink into my classroom, decorate more than usual, && celebrate makes me happy, happy, happy! With that being said, is it any surprise that I'm a lover of Valentine's day?!?! Eeeeeks...be still my heart!

To get the February party started I'm linking up with Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her monthly Currently Link Up && you should too!

Listening: Super Bowl Madness has entered the Owen household. True, on any given Sunday you can find football games playing in our house, but Super Bowl is even something that I can get behind. The hubs is seriously obsessed with football which is completely fine...there are far worse things to be obsessed with. Side note, ESPN really knows how to make the water works flow with their feature stories...I'm one touching story away from an ugly cry and it's not even 2:00 yet. Pump the brakes ESPN...pump.the.brakes.

Loving: The stomach bug entered my life for the first time in years on Friday. Awful stuff...seriously stuff that nightmares are made of. Thankfully it was a 24 hour bug that's hit the road to some other unfortunate soul's house.

Thinking: We have a seriously delicious {{and super unhealthy}} line up of snacks for today's festivities. Buffalo chicken dip, guacamole, home fried chicken wings && fries, french onion dip....yummmmmm! I can't wait to grub out && I'm praying my stomach is ready for the food fiesta that's coming its way!



 Wanting: Friday I had some retail therapy enter my life...despite feeling yucky I made a stop at GAP on the way home and added a few new pieces to my wardrobe. Cut to today, && I'm really fighting the urge to go full on Shop-Zilla. I did manage to make it an entire month without buying 1 piece of clothing && for that effort I think I deserve some fabulous new pieces.

Needing: I need to find some workout mojo in the worst way. I know it's only a matter of getting myself back into the routine, but the gym is absolutely repulsive to me after I leave work (&& working out before work is NOT an option...5:30 is early enough). I got some fabulous new kicks for Christmas that have been laying around looking pretty off my feet for far too long. I hear that the Groundhog bought me some time (thanks Phil), but bikini season is rapidly approaching && this chick is not ready...at all...not even in the slightest. So, tomorrow it is...back to the sweat life. I'll get there one squat && one mile at a time.


2 Truths/1 Fib:
1 & 3 are true. 2 is clearly a fib.
1. I life guarded during high school && it was seriously the best job ever. I had the darkest tan of my life..funky tan lines, but I had a killer tan. Ohhh to be 16 again (without all the HS drama).



2. Clearly a lie...painting my own nails produces anything but "professional" looking results. My left hand looks pretty decent, but then when it's time to paint my right hand...HOT MESS.

3. My brother and I have matching freckles above our belly buttons. I wish I had a picture to prove it, but you'll just have to take my word for it. Granted his belly button freckle is much bigger than mine (he's a dude && it just wouldn't be right for me to have the biggest freckle), but they match. I also have matching freckles under each eyebrow. True story!

 I've been a laptop junkie for far too much of my day && I have super bowl munchies to grub out on so until next time, live, love && make February fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to so many of your currently listings! Yes to retail therapy! I did something very similar- except I bought some new work out gear to help myself get some work out motivation. We are clearly in the same boat for our "needing" category... I hope you are successful with that this week! Lastly, I can TOTALLY relate to the lifeguard tans- so dark, but so awkward! Enjoy the yummy food :)

    Kelli
    Tales of a Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the stomach bug left just n time to eat all the good Super Bowl snacks! I know what you mean about all the ESPN clips. We are huge football fans here, but the difference is hubby only want to watch the game. I want to watch it ALL. All the pregame, all the hype, all the stories . . .

    Always an Adventure in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made some tasty treats for our super bowl party as well! Lots of good grub we had! Wish I could say the game was good. Neither were my teams, but it was quite boring!

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog. I am doing a February Holiday TpT pack giveaway!
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete