Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Break & Time to Get Aquainted

If ever there were a time that I thought Spring Break wasn't the bomb.com and more I was wrong...dead wrong. Ahhhh yes the much anticipated break from being Mrs. Owen has finally arrived &&& it's going by a little too fast. So far I've managed to spend some time out in the sun (my long lost love), obsessively read the entire Hunger Games series on my Nook (yes I'm the last horse to finish the race on this one), enjoy some cold beverages, and switch my entire winter wardrobe out for my spring collection. I've also managed to get some work outs in (but let's face it- -those aren't interesting at all). It was a rainy mess today which completely killed my ambition to do anything outside of the house, so I gave in and graded some papers, finished planning for April, and caught up on the train wreck that is Teen Mom 2 (don't judge my taste in reality TV). . .pretty much I was a complete B-U-M. When I re-enter the real world on Monday morning there will be 8 weeks standing between me and sweet summer time. That's enough to get anybody's heart fluttering that truly understands the beauty of summer vacation. However, with the end of the school year comes the goodbye part that I dread every year. No matter how coo-coo my kids drive me they're MY kids and it makes me so sad to send them off to the next teacher and start all over with an equally nutty bunch. We have a lot left to cover in 8 weeks and some of my sweeties still have to make the jump over the hump to second grade so there's definitely no time to sit back and relax.

I still have a few more days before my brain has to kick into school mode and with papers graded/lesson plans completed I fully intend to do just that. After blog hopping I happened to stumble upon this linky party that started with Flying Into First Grade.  Having never done one before I figured now was as good of a time as ever so here goes...

Favorites Survey
Favorite Place to Shop:
My favorite place to shop would be a definite tie...I love shopping at GAP (their colored skinnies are a-m-a-z-i-n-g) and I also love shopping at Target (sometimes they have some pretty cute finds...like the coral shorts I scored last week).
 
Favorite TV Show:
You mean I have to pick just one?? My all time favorite would probably have to be the Real Housewives of Orange County. They just started a new season and I've already plugged it into my mental planner so I don't miss a single episode. Really, Real Housewives of Whatever works for me, I love them all (except the New York cast. . .blah). I'm also anxiously awaiting the new season of Akward on MTV (yes I realize that puts me into the teenie bopper category as a 28 year old woman buuuut I don't care I love it!). And then there's Once Upon a Time && of course Duck Dynasty...bet you didn't see those 2 coming!
 
Favorite Sweet Treat:
Cheesecake. . .my Poppa introduced me to it when I was really little. It was always his favorite go to sweet tooth fix and now it's mine. Really anything sweet has my name written all over it, but cheesecake trumps all every time. ..every time!
 
Favorite Food:
Easy....Macaroni & Cheese...I wouldn't be Southern if that wasn't a favorite. Coming in a close second, sushi && in third, a nice bowl of cheese grits. Yummmmm!
 
Until next time. . .live, love, teach!

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I found you through the linky! I love cheesecake too...and the Hunger Games. I read them last year when my son started reading them. We fought over them for weeks as we tried to share. Ha!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I amused that you mentioned sushi, mac and cheese, and cheese grits as your favorite foods. I mentioned sushi as my favorite food, and one of my favorite restaurants serves shrimp and grits that are to die for. Cheesy and garlicky and buttery... Yum! I can't believe I forgot about mac and cheese- I love mac and cheese! :-) I am also a big fan of cheesecake. Sounds like we would be good dining out buddies!

    Also a big fan of? The Hunger Games! I have read all 3 books twice, and I wish I had time to read them again this Spring Break, but like yours, my Spring Break is going too fast!!!

    Erica
    Blooming In First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you through the linky even though I was too late to join it! I just started my blog last week so am having a great time blog hopping through the blogging community!

    This post made me laugh- I too LOVE Real Housewives of... pretty much anywhere! I also love Big Rich Texas.

    I completely know what you mean about the sadness at the end of the year. I'm in New Zealand so it's not our end of the year until December but oh my goodness am I a mess on the last day. I teach year six which is the last year of primary (elementary) here so they leave and head off to "Intermediate" after year six. I kind of like that I'm the last teacher they have at Primary because then I don't have to see them think their next teacher is the "coolest in the world" haha!

    Luckily though because it is the end of their time at this school it also means that most of the girls I teach also cry so I don't look like too much of a weirdo!

    Anyway off to follow your blog now- I love your title, it was so unusual that I had to come check your blog out!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete