Saturday, November 2, 2013

What the Teacher Wore (Week 11)



There isn't enough caffeine in the world to keep the pep in my step after weathering the perfect storm of a half day, Halloween, and the day after Halloween (with no planning).  Ahhh yes, the season of sneaking candy into school has only just begun && Wal-Mart has Christmas stuff packing the aisles already. I'm convinced Wal-Mart has ninjas on their team because Santa and his reindeer were definitely M.I.A. yesterday && that's much too quick of an explosion into Fa-La-La-La-La Land for the workers I normally see making the rounds. ..just sayin'.  Before Christmas carols take over my easily distracted brain, here's Week 11's edition of What the Teacher Wore.

 Inspiration comes in all sizes, shapes, and forms...even doll outfits. Why doll outfits pop up on a search in women's fashion is beyond my brain's capabilities, but the doll has some good fashion combos.
Shirt: Target
Scarf: GAP
Pants: The Limited
Shoes: Target
 I heart ruffles. I heart pink. I heart turquoise. I heart this outfit. I started out going in a completely different direction with yellow skinnies, but discovered a red crayon had been washed and streaked itself across the butt of my skinnies. Not exactly the look I was going for.
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shirt: Belk...don't know the designer off the top of my head
Skinnies: GAP
Dog Photo Bomb: Oscar
 Day 52 was day 3 of the bun head look. My go to hair style these days has rubbed off on my kids. All the little girls want buns. I've styled so many hair dos at recess that I've lost count. I also find myself drawn to striped shirts...they're slowly taking over my closet.
Jacket: GAP
Shirt: Target
Pants: The Limited

 Day 53 was Halloween. Our school doesn't encourage dressing up in costumes...it hasn't officially been banned like jeans, but I'm not positive what would happen if one decided to wear a costume. Being called in to the Principal's office doesn't make my heart beat in a good way so I settled for the orange and black combo. Mother Nature apparently didn't get the "It's the last day of October so the temperature should be cool" memo so it was way too hot for boots.
Shirt: Target
Necklace: Belk
Pants: The Limited
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Dog Photo Bomb: Oscar
Grey and yellow has become one of my favorite color combinations. Black and mustard is another go to combo lately. Ruffled tops...well I adore them. &&& that is how outfit #54 was born.
Cardigan: The LOFT
Top: TJ Maxx find
Cropped Pants: The Limited
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
 


So there you have it...Week 11. It left my closet and guest bedroom in shambles, but outfits were pulled together and I was only on the verge of being late one time this week. While I would love nothing more than to nap it up for a lazy Saturday, my goal is to have Week 12 inspired and pulled together by Sunday night. That means a lot of laundry and a lot of closet organizing.Of course I have papers to grade, lessons to plan, and a football game to watch too...all while the husband enjoys his Halloween candy sugar overload induced slumber (notice the grey and yellow...I think the obsession is contagious). Until next time, live, love and pin some closet candy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment