Sunday, November 17, 2013

What the Teacher Wore (Week 13)

I  know I've said it a gazillion times, but holy smokes this week was the epitome of crazy town. Monday was a half day (and Veterans day), Wednesday was Career Day, Thursday was Career Dress Up Day and Friday was Dress Up as a Book Character Day. Top that off with cases of the flu, strep throat, and stomach bug running around the school && I'm surprised that I'm sitting here typing this actually dressed and showered. Although I'm alive, I didn't make it through completely unscathed. I managed to catch something floating around (thankfully not any of the nasty bugs mentioned previously) and I've been in hibernation since 4:30 Friday afternoon. Friday night's sushi date? Forget about it. Getting dressed and being productive? Forget about it. Deep cleaning the house?? Forget about it. Sleeping on the couch in yoga pants and watching junk T.V. all day (and sadly all night)...I did it. I'm beyond grateful that I wasn't sick while teacher duties were calling, but  seriously I need a weekend do over full of coffee, shopping, sushi, and sake...what a rip off. With the 2 dress up days thrown in the mix, my pin-spiration line up will be a little shorter this week. I'll still share all 5, but let's be honest...not too many people are dressing up as raccoons and bakers these days so the pin-spiration was scarce.

Monday was Veteran's Day and with my Poppa being a Pearl Harbor survivor a pack of rabid hyenas holding my closet hostage wouldn't keep me from wearing red, white and blue for the occasion. I loved the chambray, stripes and red combo so nothing was really changed in my version. The striped shirt that I have isn't exactly my favorite and I was really trying to work with pieces that I already had so I incorporated the stripes with a light striped scarf.
Cardigan & Top: Belk (Jr. Department finds)
Scarf: ALDO Outlet
Skinnies: GAP
Shoes: Toms Ballet Flats

 Coral, denim and black...saw it, loved it, pinned it, && wore it. Tuesday wasn't a cold day in Charleston so the boots were replaced with some flats.
Jacket: GAP
Shirt: Belk (another Jr. Department score)
Skinnies: Jessica Simpson (Belk)
Shoes: Target
 Wednesday was f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g...well freezing for this southern born and raised girl. To be honest, I had a really hard time picking something to wear on Wednesday morning. My closet looked like a herd of monkeys came swinging through by the time I was done. The black, electric blue, and brown boots came out to play 5 minutes before I walked out the door...no lie. For once it's not my scrambled brain that's to blame,  I'm just not a fan of my winter wardrobe...everything looks the same. I've got some serious work to do picking out new pieces this year. The Pinterest version was a little edgy, so my boots got taller and I nixed the leather/fur jacket (not my style).
Shirt: Old Navy
Scarf: Limited/Express/Somewhere??
Skinnies: GAP
Boots: Belk (no clue of the brand, but they were a splurge purchase)


&&& now for the dress up madness....

If I wasn't a teacher I would definitely try my hand at opening up my own bakery. It's been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember- -Sugar Plum Bakery- -one day it'll happen. I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said this was my original plan. My original plan was to go as a yoga instructor (yoga pants to work...duh). But then I found this apron and the yoga mat was ditched. My kids had some really cute dress up ideas too, but those can't be posted on blog land.
 
&& then came Book Character Day. I'm Chester from the Kissing Hand...not Cat Woman. One of my team mates couldn't be at school that day so she was my momma raccoon! I promise I'm normally not a creep that draws on pictures of my friends and puts them in a frame, but first grade isn't a group that misses out on dress up fun!
 
Does it look like a busy week?? I'm saying some extra prayers tonight for a nice and calm Week 14. Too much fun in one week makes for some crazy hyped up 6 and 7 year olds. With 7 days left until Thanksgiving Break, I don't think that's too much to ask for... right?? 
 
Since coming out of hibernation, reality is hitting that my to do list didn't go away while I was sleeping, so for now I've got to power down the blogging app and power up the house wife/teacher app. On my list:
1. Get these chicken & dumplings cooking in my crock pot.
2. Plan some lesson plans with my pup snoozing it up next to me and a cup of hot chocolate in my hand (I'm trying to cut back on my caffeine intake...on the weekends).
3. Get some laundry done.
4. Plan out my 2013 Elf on the Shelf Classroom Invasion!! Eeeks I'm so excited!
 
So until next time.. live, love && get ready to get your gobble on y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment